By now you’ve probably heard of the Senate Immigration bill, which everyone seems to have an opinion on. After listening to endless hours of discussions about it on the News and reading countless articles on it, here’s my take on it.
I feel Ms. Sara Marie Brenner who writes The Brenner Brief noted some facts on the bill best when she wrote:
- It’s amnesty. The bill does not protect the border or stop illegal immigrants.
- Democrats want it for politics. Many illegal immigrants are in the U.S. to earn money. Becoming a U.S. citizen is not on their to-do list.
- If the bill is passed, Latinos will not support the Republican Party. After the recent breakthrough winning over some in GOP … it may be getting closer than we think to passing.
- The bill is not a solution for stopping illegal immigrants. Simply put … we’ll never be able to stop every single one of them.
- The bill makes normalized illegal immigrants cheaper to hire.
Listen closer — this fact closely relates to staffing. All illegal immigrants would receive waivers from ObamaCare. As an employer, you will have an incentive not to hire Americans in favor of those who are here illegally. Why? Because it will save you money. In fact — it will save you a lot of money (at least $2,000 per year in ObamaCare fine.) I feel this will only hurt our economy even more. Sure, your business would be spending less money, but there are already so many Americans who are out of work. Keep in mind, there are certain positions where only skilled labor will do, such as manufacturing. The nicest way to put it would be – there are not as many illegal immigrants who are skilled to fill manufacturing positions.
Only time will tell how this bill will really affect staffing and the economy. Do you think it will get passed? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.