Under the direction of the DC Supervisor the Lead Person requires intermediate skills, manual dexterity and basic training for execution of day-to-day function.
Monday-Friday $13.00 per hour
This position is responsible for recording all relevant daily production information, prepare related reports; serve as a lead over one or more assigned warehouse function; train and provide lead work direction and guidance to assigned staff.
* Oversee and participate in the receiving, unloading and inspection of shipments for damage and conformity to purchase order specifications and packing slips; contact inventory regarding shortages, damaged goods or other discrepancies; complete receiving, discrepancy and follow-up reports.
* Oversee and participate in the shipping, receiving, storing and issuing of DC supplies and equipment; assure supplies, materials, equipment are delivered in a timely manner.
* Oversee and participate in the stocking of products; plan storage location; determine proper location of product to allow maximum space utilization.
* Serve as a lead over an assigned warehouse function; train and provide lead work direction and guidance to assigned staff; prioritize work assignments
* Fill, prioritize and process requisitions; pull, pack and ship items in accordance to established procedures;
* Meet production standards/goals as set by supervisors and operations managers.
* Carry out job duties in a safe manner and responsible for condition of RF scanner and other equipment (PC’s, scanners, printers, etc.)
* Maintain accurate inventory counts.
* Full understanding of relevant paper work (i.e. bills of lading, packing lists, manifests, etc)
* Full understanding of the safe and practical use of material-handling equipment.
* Understanding of customer compliance regarding label placement, shipping techniques, palletizing methods, etc.
* Capable of executing all essential job functions of the Material Handler I and Material II positions.
* Capacity to train others.
* Maintain a clean work area.
* Must be punctual and able to meet attendance requirements per attendance policy.
* Assume other duties as assigned by supervisors.
* Ability to work overtime as required.
Lead Person must be able to communicate effectively when dealing with other associates, supervisors and staff. This includes the use of nonverbal communication including eye contact, body language and posture.
Essential Communication Skills
· Communicate and interact effectively and amicably with the team including other associates and supervisors.
· Be a team-player and contribute positively to team effort.
· Exchange pertinent and appropriate information with other associates regarding picking duties and assignments.
· Ability to accept directions from operations managers, supervisors and other staff.
· Convey information to associates and supervisors in a patient and appropriate manner.
· Communicate effectively as a team player and exercise consideration for other team members.
· Communicate with external drivers in a professional manner.
The Distribution Center Manager must have the necessary physical strength to perform the tasks required of the position. The job setting is a warehouse environment.
· Ability to stand and/or walk for a full shift.
· Ability to perform tasks that require repetitive motion for a full shift.
· Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds for up to one-half of a full shift.
· Ability to travel to heights exceeding 10 feet using material-handling equipment.
Bear Staffing is an EOE.Apply Now